Product Features :
- Lighting: 2 neon tubes ( 24W/PLL/860 )
- Voltage / Power : 230VAC , 50Hz, 55W
- Treatment : 30 to 60 minutes at 50 cm
- Intensity: 10,000 lux at 25 cm
- Dimensions: 38 x 22 x 17 cm
- Weight: 1.7 kg
- Warranty: 3 years
- Operating temperature : 0 ° C - 35 °
- Made in the UK
- EC certified for compliance: Class IIa medical device
- EU directive RoHS (2002/95/CE)
User Guideline :
Studies have shown that the therapy is safe. However , consult your doctor first if:
- you have a major problem for or have undergone eye surgery
- If you have previously been advised to avoid bright light or taking photosensitive drugs
- you have been diagnosed with depression or other disorders of sleep and mood. This last point is particularly important if you are also taking medicines, given that the therapy can affect your mood .
- Keep away from water and moisture.
- For indoor use only
- Use only the supplied adapter Lumie .
- Supervise children using Arabica or play nearby.
- Do not attempt to repair some of the lamp.
- It may be that there is interference between this product and other electronic products nearby, including mobile phones. They usually come in the form of an audible noise and it then suffices to remove one of the two devices.
- Always use the appropriate tubes.
- When the article is at the end of life , do not dispose of it with normal household waste. Please throw it in the recycling center in your city, which is provided for this purpose .
Since 1991 Lumie has been researching and designing bright lights to treat seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and other conditions. All of the Lumie products are based on published reserach and designed from their base in Cambridge.
Over the years Lumie has worked closely with the scientific community. Lumie is in the EuRhythDia consortium investigating circadian rhythms and type 2 diabetes, and is working with Liverpool John Moores University sports science department.
Lumie products are medical devices, certified to the Medical Devices Directive (93/42/EEC) and supplied to the NHS. Distance and brightness levels (lux) are independently verified and Lumie is registered with the government's Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.
The benefits of light therapy reach far beyond SAD. The lights help you to sleep well and get up in the morning, beat the afternoon slump, conquer jetlag and look after your skin.